I've had great feedback on a very very simple Nectarine Tart Loisa and I cooked on Sunday night.
Here is the recipe:
- 6 Sheets filo pastry (or a few more if you like a little more layers)
- Melted butter, or sunflower oil or low fat cooking spray
- Grated nutmeg and/or Cinnamon
- Brown sugar, coffee sugar or honey
- 6 Nectarines sliced into thin wedges - around 3-10mm (1/4 inch at the widest) part. You may use more or fewer nectarines - it depends how thick you cut them.
A squeeze of lemon (half a lemon would be fine)
A baking sheet or tart pan
Layer the filo in a tart pan,lightly brushing between each layer with the butter or oil. For extra crunch, sprinkle a teaspoon or so of sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg between the layers.
Toss the nectarines with a little sugar or honey , cinnamon and nutmeg, and a little lemon so they are lightly covered.
Arrange the nectarines in a pretty pattern on top of the tart, 1 layer deep. Sprinkle with a little more nutmeg or cinnamon
Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven (180C, 350F) is fine. Use your nose. When the pastry is brown, the fruit is warmed it's done!
Serve on its own, or with cream or greek yoghurt.
This would also work well with bananas (with a little grated chocolate), apricots, apples, pears or other fruit (although the cooking time might be a little longer for apples.