Tuesday, October 31, 2006

To everything there is a season

And the summer season has ended at yoga plus.

I was ready for release from 6 sessions a week in the kitchen for 11 weeks

So I'm travelling onward to Berlin and London.

First stop is Athens, where I'm hostelling with fellow Yoga Plus staff Mike, Jacob and Rikke. We're eating bags of Cretan rusks, boxes of feta and the little tins of greek mez - dolmades, gigantes, peas, green beans in the sauce.

I'm in a Starbucks right now and have just skipped a revisit to the meat market in favour of pasta salad.

Mike has been looking forward to the meat, but I found it a bit overpowering (to put it mildly) on a first visit. I find small quantities of meat manageable but if it was left to me to kill the meat I eat, I'd only eat fish!

Yes, that probably is hypocritical, but I just haven't got the stomach or stamina to be around a lot of bleeding flesh!