Thursday, January 11, 2007

New Year's Theme - healthy eating

It seems that New Year's Resolutions are out, and New Year's Themes are in (as seen at Sciencewoman, among others).

A key New Year's theme for me is "Healthy Eating".

Since New Year's Day I've been making an effort to watch my portion sizes, say no to cakes and puddings most of the time, and have limited myself to drinking only on weekends or special occasions (like my niece and goddaughter's christening).

It's oh so easy to fall into the habit of enjoying some of the marvellous cakes, slices and muffins on offer in Christchurch great cafe's. (New Zealand has some of the best cafes in the world - it's hard to avoid great coffee and yummy treats.) But thus far I'm sticking to my skinny cappucino.

I'll post a few recipes that are low fat or otherwise healthy over the next few months.

Happy New Year!

Rachel